It cannot be denied that quotes tattoos / tattoo quotations are extremely famous among the men and women tattoo lovers in the entire world in the past years and even up to these days. These are some of the all time favorites of many when it comes to tattooing. The people who prefer having these on their body vary from common teenagers up to those extremely famous celebrities in the entire world. This is how popular these tattoos are. Moreover, every single quote tattoo will not only give you a very gorgeous physical appearance. It is simply because such tattoo is also very meaningful, and each meaning will depend on the quote being chosen by the wearer of the tattoo.
Tattoo art has become one of the most popular forms of self expression as tattoos are used to say out subtly the attitude and feelings of the bearer, without being too loud about them. This is the reason why text and letters are being increasingly used in this form of body adornment, as they do a lot more than looking good. In fact, they help you express your ideas and thoughts and quotes by great men make a perfect choice in this regard. Quotation tattoo can have a great attraction for the onlookers, irrespective of the fact whether they are done in simple fonts or artistic ones.
Table of Contents
Great Significance of the Tattoo Quotes
In case you are thinking that tattoo quotes are only for beautification purposes, then you are absolutely wrong. It is simply because these tattoos also have great importance just like the other kinds of tattoos that you can have on your body. If you want to grab the attention of many people who are surrounding you, then wearing these tattoos is the best thing to do. There is no way the quotes written on your body won’t intrigue every single person that may see your tattoos. These tattoos of yours can also be reflected to your own very unique personality. This is the main reason why you have to think about the quotes well before engraving them on your body. Most of the quotes have encouraging and positive meaning. Thus, it is no longer surprising why the wearers of the them will become more inspired in living their lives, as well as the people around them who will have the chance to see and read these tattoos.
In other words, the tattoos may give courage and high hopes to the wearers, making their lives to become better and worth living for. This goes to show that if you are thinking of having tattoo quotes, make sure that the quotes you choose are absolutely moving and inspiring on your part. After all, what is the point of engraving a certain quote on your body if it does not have any appeal to you, right? If that is the case, you are just like putting some dirt on your own body. If your life seems to have no direction at all, then maybe, having some quote as tattoos on your body would do so much difference in your life.
Important Considerations Before Getting Quotes Tattoo
If you are thinking that you can easily get tattoo quotes anytime you want to without some important considerations, then you are absolutely wrong. Just like any other kinds of tattoos out there, there are also a number of important things that you must take into account first before having these tattoos on your body. By doing such, you can reassure your own self that you will not feel any regrets in the future. Here are these very important things:
- Font – The number one thing that you should take into account is the font of the words that will be written on your body. Always keep in mind that you will have a quote as tattoo here, and not any beautiful images of animals, flowers and the like. The beauty of this tattoo will greatly depend on the font that is used in writing the quote that you have chosen. You can choose a very simple font style or a very elegant one, depending on your personal preference. In choosing however, make sure that the entire text will not be compromised. You have to see to it that it will still be readable. Because if it is not, then the essence of the tattoo will be ruined for sure.
- Color – One other very important consideration is the color of the ink that will be used in tattooing your chosen quote. If you think that this will not affect the entire beauty of the tattoo, then you are absolutely wrong again. The color has a very important role in making your quote as tattoo extremely gorgeous in appearance. You can choose to have a very bold black color in order to emphasize every single word of the entire quotes, or you choose some other colors that you like. Just make sure that it fits to your tattoo well.
- Language – Yes, you also need to take into account the language that is used in the quotes that you have chosen. If your bigger audience comes from your own native land, then why not choose a quote that is written under your own native language. You can even choose those foreign languages that only very few people can understand, so that you will appear a bit mysterious to the other people. But if you want to use the official international language, which is English, then you can definitely do so.
- Design – Another very important consideration is the entire design of your tattoo quotes. The design is definitely has the biggest percentage of making your tattoo extremely gorgeous and meaningful. As a matter of fact, the meaning of a certain tattoo can be totally changed through the design. This goes to show that it is one of the most important things that you have to take into consideration before getting your tattoo. Yes, it is just a quote as tattoo, but this does not mean that it will only involve quotes alone. It can also be incorporated with some other sub designs like animals, flowers and many others. Through these, you can make your tattoo even more gorgeous and meaningful.
The best part of bearing a quotes as tattoo is their ability to grab instant attention, as they are an insight into the belief and philosophy of a great personality. The quotes bear a positive and encouraging value, which can bring phenomenal changes in the life of the bearer and many others who find inspiration. These tattoos may define how the life is to be lived and bring about new hope and courage in life. There may be a quote which you might have read somewhere, at some point of time, which you may love to have inked on your body later on. It would be great to have something which inspired you as a part of yourself for the rest of your life. The fact is that a quotation as tattoo can give you much more than embellishment for your body; it can add a new meaning to your life and inspire you live better, happier and more fulfilled life.
Popular Design Options
Basically, there are two varieties in quote as tattoos, firstly, the ones which have only the quotes and secondly, those which have some design elements along with them, which may include flowers, butterflies, tribal symbols, bees, musical instruments, birds phoenix, dove, swallow, dragonflies, ribbon, infinity sign, cross, dragon, lion, owl, elephant, wolf, stars, sun, moon, disney, dreamcatchers, feathers, arrows, compass, trees, angel and wings bows, ribbons and much more. The variety in quotes too, is immense, covering a range of topics such as religion, philosophy, world peace and inspirational tattoos. Another thing to bear in mind while choosing the quote for a tattoo is the age and sex of the bearer. While some quotes are powerful and masculine, others are delicate and feminine. The font, color and size of the tattoo also make a difference in its visual appeal. Again, it is essential to check the spelling and grammar of the quote and also compare the tattoo with the original quote before you have it finally inked on your body, because the permanent nature of the tattoo hardly leaves a margin of error.
A tattoo once inked is going to be a part of you forever and is almost impossible to get rid of; therefore, you should double check the tattoo before making it a part of your body. Also, you must be sure about the size as well as the spacing of the tattoo as a faulty choice can compromise the visual quality of the tattoo. It is no logic to spend a great deal of money and bear so much pain, if the tattoo is not legible and attractive. Similarly, the font too needs to be chosen with care as a font which is too loud can look horrible as you age, while the one which is not prominent, fails to impress the onlooker. Such tattoos can be inked in conventional black and grey or a range of vibrant colors, depending upon the preference of the bearer. Another important factor while getting a quotes tattoo is to get it inked on the right location of your body.
The placement of quotes tattoo is, like all other tattoo designs, largely dependent upon its size. Larger tattoos look good on large areas such as the back, stomach, sleeve, rib, chest, thighs, legs and shoulder, while smaller ones are ideally done on ankles, legs, wrists, back of the neck, spine, back of the ear and even on fingers.
Overall, a quote tattoo needs to be inked after a great deal of contemplation as it says all about your attitude, rather than just making you the center of attention. You must choose an expert tattoo artist, who has a great deal of experience in making beautiful quotes tattoos and can also help you with some good suggestions coming from the expertise he has acquired by working in this field.
1. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous and his ears are open…
2. Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves.
3. Even angels fall
4. My life is my art, My art is my life
5. Live by faith, not by sight
6. Love me for who I am
7. Too wild to live, too rare to die
8. We accept the love, we think we deserve
9. How sweet the sound
10. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love bears a memory no one can steal.
11. I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas.
12. As it was in the beginning one love so shall it be in the end one heart.
13. When you left me behind you set me free.
14. She said lose your eyes and free your mind, you’re free to fly.
15. There is a change for the hearing of my heart. It really goes.
16. Life’s roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors.
17. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
18. Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.
19. We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
Here are some of the common placements for the Quotation tattoos:
- Quotes on Arms – Your arms are said to be the perfect locations for your this tattoo. You can decide if you will place it on the right arm, left arm, elbow, wrist, or in any other parts of the arms.
- Quotes on Chest – A lot of quote tattoo lovers also consider placing the tattoo on their chest. The tattoo will only be visible when you are topless.
- Quotes on Hips – Another good location that you can consider for a this tattoo is the hips. Such placement can emphasize the beauty of their own hips, making it to be one of their body assets.
- Quotes on Back – When you want it to be seen by the other people around you, you can just cover it with your shirt.
- Quotes on Wrist – The number one body part that you can place your this tattoo is your wrist. You can have it in both of your left and right wrists.
- Quotes on Rib – Lot of ordinary people and celebrities are having a this tattoo on this particular body placement.
- Quotes on Legs – Legs are also perfect locations for a this tattoo. Legs are normally longer, so the particular illusion that you want to show with your tattoo can surely be achieved.
- Quotes on Stomach – Another perfect placement for this tattoo is stomach. This is a common option of many women tattoo lovers in the world who consider having this tattoos.
- Quotes on Thigh –If you want to have your this tattoos not that obvious to some other people, you can choose to place them on your thighs.
You can never go wrong with the tattoo quotes. You just have to find the best quotes that you will engrave on your body. See to it that the quotes you choose are extremely inspiring on your part. Make these quotes as your inspirations in living your life to the fullest. Also make sure that the people who will read and see your tattoos will also be inspired with their lives.
There is a very special quality about quotes tattoos which makes them a lot different from the rest of the tattoo designs. Some other design elements can be added to simple quotes designs, but these elements should complement the meaning expressed by the quote. This will make it play the dual role of making the tattoo more eye catching, as well as adding some extra appeal to its meaning and expression. Also, they are an absolute matter of personal choice rather than imitation of popular designs in tattoo art.