Tattoos have become the new in thing for fashion lovers, who use them to embellish and accentuate the best parts of their bodies. The aesthetic value of a tattoo is determined not only by their design but also by the right placement. For instance, lower back tattoos are considered as the most sensuous variety among them all. Perhaps, this is the reason why you would spot countless young girls and women sporting this particular tattoo, which also has stylish and feminine qualities.
Tattoos on lower back are undeniably popular nowadays. It is all because of the great numbers of individuals who are getting tattooed on their lower back part every single day. These people are composed of ordinary individuals and famous celebrities, from teens to oldies. This is how popular these tattoos are. In the United States of America alone, almost 25 percent of people are getting tattooed on the lower back. These people are under the age bracket of 18 to 50. Just in case you don’t know, a tattooed lower back is also being referred to as tramp stamp.
Table of Contents
Advantages and Disadvantages
Just like other tattoos, they can also give some advantages and disadvantages to its wearers. Here are some of the advantages:
- Convenient for the Artist – Lower back is of course, wider in space. Because of this, it will not be hard for the tattoo artist you hire to engrave the beautiful design you want.
- Sexier Image – For those people who have a tattoo on lower back, displaying a sexier image to the public will not be hard anymore. They can surely do the job for them. This is very true especially to those women who have these tattoos.
- Fashionable Image – Since tattoos are already important add-ons to the fashion world nowadays, people who wear tattoos on the lower back will certainly look fashionable in the eyes of many.
- Easy to Display – These tattoos are definitely easy to display when necessary. This is a total advantage to women. They just need to wear something that is shorter than the normal size of a shirt, and these tattoos can already be shown to others.
On the other hand, here are some of the disadvantages that these tattoos bring:
- More Painful – Since lower back is still directly connected to spinal column, it is just right to say that it is more painful to get tattooed here compared to some other parts of the body.
- Hard to See for Yourself – When you want to see these tattoos for yourself whenever you want to, it will be hard of course since it these are located at your back. You need to use a mirror before you can see them.
Lower Back Tattoos and the Celebrities
For sure, you are aware of the fact that a number of famous celebrities nowadays are into tattoos on the lower back. In fact, these celebrities have major contributions in popularizing the significance and value of tattoos. In this regard, here are some names of the celebrities who have their own tattoo art on lower back:
- Lindsay Lohan – This very controversial, gorgeous celebrity has a beautifully designed tattoo art lower back. This is an Italian words that go, “La Bella Vita”. In English term, it means “The Good Life”.
- Victoria Beckham – This former Spice Girls singing group member has a series of stars tattoo art on lower back. This tattoo of her is actually dedicated to her family, including her husband and kids.
- David Beckham – He is among those lists of famous celebrities in the world who appreciate the beauty and significance of tattooed lower back. It is the “Brooklyn” tattoo, which happens to be the name of his own son.
- Maria Carey – This famous international singing sensation also has a tattoo on the lower back. The design is a simple yet colorful and gorgeous butterfly.
- Nora Jones – She is a famous singer in the world, and she has a gorgeous star tattoo located on her lower back.
- Angelina Jolie – Angelina is a very famous celebrity in Hollywood not only because she has a beautiful face, but also for a fact that she has a golden heart. She helps a lot of people all over the world through her humanitarian activities. However, do you know that she is also famous because of the tattoos all over her body? One of these tattoos is the one that is located on her lower back, and this is a gorgeous Bengal tiger.
Choosing a Tattoo For Lower Back
There is a wide variety of tattoo designs available among lower back and the fact that tattoo artists are more than happy to work in this area, adds to the versatility of lower back designs. Here are some popular design options among lower back:
- Floral Tattoos on Lower Back– Flowers are all about femininity which accounts for the popularity of tattoos on lower back. They stand for beauty and creativity and can be featured in vibrant colors to catch the attention of the onlooker. Flowers such as rose, lotus, sunflower, dahlia and cherry blossoms can be featured.
- Butterfly Tattoos on Lower Back – Like flowers, butterflies too represent beauty and hope, which makes the a much loved tattoo design for women, they look perfect in the lower back area as they are creatures with symmetry and can be places perfectly in this area. Dragonfly tattoo design could be an alternative there.
- Bird Tattoos on Lower Back – The us of birds as the main element as equally popular because they not only look beautiful but also carry a meaning related to freedom and hope, which are of great importance to women. Birds such as phoenix, swallow, hummingbird can be a great fit.
- Tribal Tattoo on Lower Back– Tribal tattoo designs make an eternal favorite among man and women, they look great over the lower back area as they have bold lines and stylish patterns, which look absolutely stunning as you dare to bare. Check our collections of Old School tattoos, Maori tattoos, Yin Yang tattoos, Lion tattoos, Koi fish tattoos, Japanese tattoos for lower back ideas.
Popular Images Of Tattoos on Lower Back
There are a number of reasons which go in the favor of tattoos on lower back and make it worth to spend time and money for having them inked and also bear the immense pain associated with the process. Here are some of them:
1. The best thing about having a tattoo inked on the lower back area is the space it makes available for creating a fascinating design, which is no less than a canvas for an artist. The most amazing option for the tattoo lower back is the design which is broader at the center and takes an oblong shape as it reaches the sides of the spine, which can be done at this place to perfection. A round design is also equally popular for tattoos on lower back.
2. The primary consideration while choosing a tattoo design and placement is that it should be very appealing, but at the same time, it should be easy to conceal whenever necessary. A tattoo on lower back has both these features, that is, it is large enough to attract attention and also, it can be covered with the right kind of clothing when one needs to so in professional situations.
3. With such a tattoo design, the risk of distortion or color change is minimalistic as the lower back area is hardly affected by physical changes related to age and fluctuations in weight. This means that investing in tattoos on the lower back is completely sensible as the tattoo will remain unaffected in its glory over a period of time.
4. The sensuousness of the tattoo is what makes it all the more appealing as this is the area which girls and women would love to flaunt. And the fact is that it is also easy for them to do so, all that they need to do is wear a short top and low waist trouser and they are just ready for the show. This is what makes this particular design a perfect option for women and young girls, who want to look stylish and sexy in a subtle manner.
Tattoos on lower back may have a wide range of benefits, but there are certain disadvantages related to them too. Here are some of them:
1. First of all, the most discouraging factor related to them is the pain involved in having them inked as the area lies very close to the bone, which makes it very sensitive and painful for bearing a tattoo.
2. The second reason why the lower back is the popular area for having a tattoo inked is that it is so smooth and regular, which brings out the best in a tattoo design.
3. Many people associate this tattoo with low morality, which can have a finger pointed at the character of a woman who bears it. This can account to the bad publicity of the tattoo in some cultures.
4. Most of the designs of the lower back are completely unoriginal, which makes them less suitable for people who are looking for unique design options. However, getting the services of a creative and talented tattoo artist can come to your rescue in this case.
Before choosing a tattoo for lower back inked, one must keep in mind the pros and cons of the designs as the tattoo is going to stay with you forever and also requires a great deal of time and money to be spent on it, besides being a very painful process. Have a look at our collection of White Ink tattoos.
Beautiful Tattoo Designs For Lower Back
For those who want to go for these tattoos, you should be lucky since there are a lot of lower back tattoo designs that you can choose from. Because of this, there is no way you cannot find the design that simply suits you best. Here are some of these beautiful designs:
- Butterfly Tattoo Design – Obviously, there are great numbers of people who are choosing a butter design on their lower back. This is simply because aside from the fact that it will look gorgeous, this design also signifies one important thing and this is the evolution of life. People who have this tattoo are those who are more than ready for any changes that may happen in their lives.
- Heart Tattoo Design on Lower Back – This is another very common yet valuable design that you can opt for. The heart is the main reason why people feel some emotions inside them. This design signifies love. In order to enhance its appearance, you can make this simple design associated with tribal art.
- Flower Tattoo Design – Everyone loves flowers for sure. You can see the beauty of nature through them. Having a flower design on your lower back would be a great option. A lot of onlookers will surely envy your flower tattoo and will make them want to have one too.
- Colorful Bird Designs – When you think about birds, you can also think about freedom. Having a colorful bird tattoo design is a great way for you to make a statement about freedom. More than that, colorful birds design offers many poses and motif, giving you numerous options to choose from.
- Tribal Tattoo Design – This is one of the most common and gorgeous design chosen by a lot of people nowadays. It is composed of artsy curves and lines that you will surely love.
Truly, more and more people are seeing the gorgeousness of the lower back tattoos. If you want to be like them, then start searching for the best design that suits you best.
One can also have a text design inked on the lower back which may include a name or initials of a loved one or a quote which speaks the attitude of the bearer. Designs such as samurai, dragon, biomechanical, feathers, dreamcatchers, anchors, geometric, compass, infinity, arrows, trees, angels and wings also looks great on Lower back.
The most important thing to consider while choosing a tattoo design for lower back is the space available on your lower back and also the shape of your body. Similarly, your skin tone needs to be borne in mind as it is really important to accentuate the beauty of a tattoo design on lower back. Whatever is chosen, needs to be done with great care as a tattoo is going to be a part of you.