Thigh tattoos are undeniably gaining more and more popularity each day among men and women all over the globe. What do you think is the main reason for this? Does it make you less of a person if you are not into tattoos? Well, the truth is, a lot of people decide to put some tattoos on their body because it is their own way of expressing themselves. Some even get tattooed simply because they find it very amusing to have one. Moreover, many individuals choose to have tattoos on the thigh because these tattoos are easy to hide. Keep in mind that there are times that you need to conceal your tattoos especially in a number of formal and conservative gatherings. This answers the question why these tattoos are the top choices of many professionals.
The thing is, going for thigh tattoos is not just about pinpointing the tattoo design you want to try without thinking about it carefully. Remember that tattoos may be permanently engraved into your body, so you must carefully choose the design that is meaningful enough for you. After all, what is the use of getting tattooed if you don’t even know your own purpose of doing such. You have to put it in your mind that tattoos are more than just a fashion sense.
Table of Contents
Essential Considerations in Choosing Tattoo Design
As said, it is very important to choose the right tattoo design for thigh so that it will look perfectly beautiful when finally engraved on your thigh. You need to consider a number of things first before choosing one. Here are some of the significant considerations you need to take.
- Time – Yes, time is a very important consideration. It means that you should take time thinking about the design that is perfect for your thigh. Do not rush things up. You can do a research on the web regarding the beautiful tattoo designs for thigh. You can even look on several magazines. You just have to be resourceful and patient enough in order to find the best one.
- Tattoo Artist – Keep in mind that the tattoo artist will be the one who will engrave the tattoo designs on your thigh, so you must look for a very credible one. Unless, it is alright for you to get nothing but a so-so tattoo work. Your tattoos will reflect on your personality as a person, so make sure that it is done with so much perfection because it is only this way that you can confidently show it to anyone. In order to find the finest tattoo artist in town, you can always ask for their portfolios and take a look on their previous tattoo works. You can also ask the opinions of those who already tried being tattooed by that particular artist. After all, there is no wrong about asking.
- Placement – Another important thing to consider is the placement of the tattoo. You should determine in advance where you want to put it, so that your tattoo artist can imagine it well the moment you have selected your most preferred tattoo design for thigh. For those girls out there, make sure the tattoo design you choose is the one that can flow well with your curves. In this way, you can be sure that the final tattoo product will appear beautiful as you want it to be.
- Pain Factor – The truth is, the thigh parts are not that painful when get tattooed. However, if the design you have chosen will continue on your hip part, then it is already another side of the story. You have to know that your hip is delicate enough to endure the needle used for tattooing. Hence, you should be careful with your choice. But if you are brave enough and you think you can handle the pain, then be free to choose any tattoo design you want. Just make sure that it suits you best.
- Cost – Of course, don’t you dare forget to consider the cost of the entire tattooing job. Remember that cost will always vary from one tattoo artist to another. Make sure you can afford it. If you can’t, then what is the reason of going for it? Tattooing will always come with a cost, unless your tattoo artist is offering his or her service without any cost. Hence, it would be advantageous on your part to prepare your budget.
Tattoos on the thigh have become one of the most important modes of self-expression these days, women of diverse age groups and backgrounds using them to reflect their taste, style and attitude. Some parts of the body seem ideal for flaunting elegant tattoo designs, as they look good at the places which are revealed as you dress up for an occasion. For instance, a tattoo peeking out on the neck, ankle or thigh may make a woman appear far more attractive than she ever could look any other way. Similarly, men prefer tattoos on their arms, shoulders, chest and back, to give more stress on their masculinity factor.
The reason behind the popularity of tattoos on thighs among women is the fact that this is the part of the body, which will be revealed in most kinds of dresses and you do not have to make a conscious effort to show off your latest asset, your tattoo.
Some Popular Thigh Tattoo Designs Options
Needless to say, you can find a number of tattoo designs for thighs nowadays. You cannot engrave all these designs on your body, right? Thus, selecting the finest design for you is really significant. You can ask some advice from your family and friends, if you want to.
- Snake and Dragon Design – Snake and Dragon tattoo designs are known to be one of those popular ones, especially to men. These are classical tattoo designs that you can engrave on your thigh. Since these creatures have elongated bodies, you can just ask your artist to wrap their bodies on your thigh, and you can even make these extend towards your leg. It actually depends on what you prefer.
- Flower Design – This is another common design for thigh that many people choose, especially women. There is no question about that since a flower signifies femininity. Some common flowers that make a beautiful tattoo are roses, lotuses, dandelion tattoos and cherry blossoms.
- Cameo Design – This is not a common tattoo design, but it does not mean that cameo is not a beautiful tattoo design on your thigh. Cameo is actually an image of a woman that is placed at the center of a picture frame-like stuff. Women are the ones who usually choose this design.
- Birds On Thigh – These magical animals are popular designs of tattoos not only on thighs, but in any parts of the body. They will look more gorgeous if there are additional designs, in which birds are relatable such as trees. Peacock tattoo, Eagle tattoo designs are the great examples.
- Graffiti Tattoos on Thigh – Just in case you don’t know, graffiti is a very colorful tattoo design on thigh that is mainly composed of letters, words, or even various images. It would be perfect if you want to make your thigh colorful.
- Warrior Tattoo Design on Thigh – If you want to go for broader and more interesting tattoo designs for thig, then warrior tattoo design is a good option. You can go for a Samurai, prison design, gangster tattoo design, or a historical bad ass leader. This will surely display the brave side of your personality.
- Themed – Thigh part is great to have bigger and complex tattoo designs like the themed ones. Good examples for these are human skulls, Pirates, and hobbies. These are definitely beautiful designs displayed on your thigh.
- 3D Realistic Design – This tattoo design is a very interesting one. It will not look like a tattoo at all since it will appear like a natural thing on your thigh. A lot of women go for this design.
The key factor while choosing a tattoo on the thigh is to select such a pattern which suits the shape and kind of legs you have. There are a lot of options in thigh tattoos, which means that you need to pick the right one with greater degree of care. It largely depends upon the shape of a woman’s legs whether a particular tattoo design would look good on her thighs or not, as something which is right for one person, might not look good at all on another. Before you choose the right kind of thigh tattoo design, you need to consider some things as tattoos are not a short-term deal, but something which is likely to remain with you for a long, long time.
Before you finalize a tattoo design for thigh, make sure that you have done a lot of research on it, through books, magazines and on the net, so that you are sure about this decision, which is going to be with you for a life time. Also, you need to look for a professional and experienced tattoo artist who can give you excellent services with a design which would best reflect your style and attitude. Such a person can not only create beautiful designs in tattoos but also place them well so that they accentuate the best of your physical features and suit your body shape to perfection.
Additionally, another thing to take into account before you make up your mind about getting a tattoo on the thigh done is the pain factor, which is quite difficult to bear because tattoos done in this area are generally large in size and take long to make, which can be quite a pain in the thigh.
Since the size of tattooed thigh is large and they take a longer period of time to be put in by the tattoo artist, but obviously the cost factor intervenes too, as this can make tattoos a costly affair. Be sure that the tattoo you are planning to get comes within your budget. A tattoo should be such that it suits your personality, which means that you need to consider your personal taste and preference before having a tattoo etched on your body.
As we have seen before, tattoo designs on he thighs are usually big in size and cover large surface areas. There are a number of designs which have become popular over a period of time. One of the most desirable designs is that of a snake or dragon, which originates at the thigh and winds downward wrapping the whole of your leg, giving it an attractive look. Floral designs like roses, cherry blossoms and lotus can be eye-catching too, when talking about the best tattooed thigh designs. Birds (such as phoenix), feathers, graffiti and warrior designs are other cool options in this respect.
In addition to these fascinating naturalistic designs, another segment in this area is realistic tattoo design, which can feature a simple thread like design climbing up at the back of the leg to the thigh, to give an impression of a stocking. Another realistic tattoo design which is quite popular among young women is a lacy design on the legs which reached the high thighs and makes your legs look beautiful.
You can also choose among themed designs, such as skull, pirate, nautical and Native American. Do not be afraid to experiment and look for unusual designs as you are likely to find in tribal art, amazing creatures and mystical things. You may not take them seriously in the first glance, but the fact is that they can turn out to be unique assets once you have them tattooed on, which is enough reason to at least consider such tattoo designs in a serious light. While choosing the ideal design, just ensure that it would complement your figure, besides living up to what you are expecting. There are some other objects of daily life which can be used as inspiration for tattoos, such as gardens, jewels, anchor, butterfly, dreamcatcher and fish tank.
Whether we talk about celebrities or common young women, thigh tattoos have become the trend of the day, with more and more women having it done.
Without a doubt, thigh tattoos will look good to any person if and only if the right tattoo design is chosen. Make sure to consider those important points above before finally settling for a particular design. In this way, you can be sure that you will never regret your decision in the end.