Today and even a long time ago, hand tattoos can be considered to be the most popular tattoos ever worn by thousands of individuals all over the world. In fact, there were some ancient civilizations that used these tattoos in showing their social strata in the place where they lived. There were even tribes in the entire world that used tattoos on hand as a sign for a higher position in the tribal groups.
From being a silent declaration of a person’s attitude to becoming a style statement, tattoos have come a long way in its journey spanning a period of many centuries now.
Basically, tattoos are meant to grab attention and this is what they do well enough if they are placed in a prominent position on the body of the bearer, whether man or woman. This is what makes hand tattoos one of the most famous options for the rebellious lot, who want to be very open and expressive about their attitude. What makes hands an ideal placement for flaunting tattoos is the fact that tattoos can be as prominent on the location as they are easy to hide. While the bearer can get a good deal of compliments for the attractive tattoos on hand he or she is sporting, they can also conceal such tattoos easily when the same is required for professional purposes.
The tattoos on the hand which are inked on the inner side are particularly easier to conceal. One more notable thing about tattoos on hand is that it is painful to have them inked. Therefore, only the bold and the very committed should venture into the sphere of tattoos on hand.
Table of Contents
The Significance of Tattoos on Hand
Just like any other kinds of tattoos in the body, tattoos on hand have their own meaning, and such meaning is the reason why a lot of people are going for these tattoos. The truth is, the meaning of every tattoo on the hand that a person has will sometimes, depend on the exact hand location. But generally speaking, this is the reflection of a person’s rebelliousness. It is simply because hands are important parts of the body that are used in doing something. Hence, since you are messing your hands with inks, then maybe, you are that rebellious. Such tattoo is always associated with courage and boldness.
A tattoo on hand is not just all about coping with the latest trend or showing your strong and gorgeous fashion sense. A lot of men and women out there wear these tattoos in order to say something. Since they do not have the courage to say such thing vocally, they are using tattoos on hand as their own best way. If these tattoos are specifically placed on the palm, these tattoos simply signify luck and permanent protection. The truth is, left and right-hand tattoos have different meanings from each other. The right hand exudes assertiveness and some more positive things, while the left hand exudes passiveness and negativities like emotions.[/su_expand]
If thousands of people are enjoying the amazing advantages from getting tattooed on their neck, thigh, foot, hips, and ankle, then there is no way you cannot also enjoy a number of advantages from your simple hand tattoos. Here are some of these tattoos advantages:
- Tattoos on hand for men and women have wider coverage. This is certainly a great advantage you can enjoy. Since these tattoos have wider coverage, you can surely engrave the design that you like no matter how big the tattoo design would be. You can even showcase a great storyline if you want to.
- You will become easily noticeable within the crowd. This is the advantage that you can never deny since it is already proven by millions of people in the world who have tattoos on hand. This will make you stand out among the rests.
- You will be very attractive in the eyes of opposite sexes. For some unexplainable reasons, people who have tattoos like these tattoos appear very sexy and hot in the opposite sexes.
If there are expected advantages, then you should also prepare for several disadvantages that you may encounter along the way. These disadvantages may test you as a person, so make sure to be tough. Here are some of them.
- Tattoos on the hand for men and women are hard to hide. This is a total disadvantage on your part, especially if you are living in a certain place where tattoos are considered to be symbols of demons.
- Some people may treat you like a criminal. It is one unfortunate fact that you should be ready to face when you have tattoos on hand and some other body tattoos. Always keep in mind that not all people today are open for tattoos.
- Tattoos on hand are normally painful. Why is it so? Well, it is simply because hands are nearer to your bones and they only have thinner muscles compared to some other parts of your body, especially on your fingers. Hence, you should be ready for the intense pain that you can feel when tattooed on your hands.
Small Hand Tattoos Ideas
Since tattoos on hand can be very prominent, their design needs to be chosen with care as the tattoos design says a lot about the attitude of the bearer. They can come in a variety of sizes as tiny thumb and finger tattoos fall into the category of hand designs and so do the large sleeve tattoos too. Men and women prefer to have bright and vibrant designs for these tattoos because they want to express their rebellious attitude through these tattoos. Bright colors, strong strokes, and vivid patterns are the basic attributes of tattooed hand designs for men and women. Here are some of the most commonly used designs of tattoos on hand:
A lot of famous personalities in the world are also embracing the beauty of tattoo design for the hand. In fact, they are more than happy to display these tattoos of them. Here are some of the famous names:
- Rihanna – This Barbadian gorgeous singer-songwriter has a tribal tattoo on hand that matches to the tribal tattoo of her ex-boyfriend, Chris Brown.
- Justine Bieber – This very young and hot international singer makes girls go crazy because of his numerous body tattoos, including his “Believe” tattoo on hand. It’s specifically located on his left arm nearer to his elbow.
- David Beckham – This super hot football star has this text on hand that goes, “Dream big, be unrealistic”. Jay-Z said this in his own concert, and David finds it very inspiring.
- Liam Payne – He is one of the members of the famous boy band group, One Direction. What makes him very interesting is his lion tattoo on his left hand.
- Cara Delevingne – She is a 23-year-old fashion supermodel, who also happens to be a Hollywood actress, has her lion tattoo. It is specifically located on her index finger.
- Others – Jesse James, Britney Spears, Indian Larry and Dave Navarro are some of the global celebrities who have been spotted with tattoos on hand and have in a way given a new boost to their popularity by advocating them in the public.
Getting a tattoo on hand is a big decision because they involve much pain and are more susceptible to infection because hands are used for everyday activities. Therefore, such tattoos need extra care and attention but the end results are remarkably beautiful and worth all the efforts.
Hand tattoos for men and women are definitely gorgeous adornments on the body. You just have to find the best design that will surely fit your physical appearance as well as your inner self.