The forearm is a particular part of a person’s arm that is popularly being tattooed, and the tattoos in this certain portion are called forearm tattoos. Undeniably, the number of people, specially men, who are getting tattooed on their forearm every single day is rapidly increasing. This is simply because of the great beauty they can provide to its wearers. One other reason why many people opt for a tattoo on the forearm is the fact that it is very easy to display and to hide as well. Can you think of any other tattoos that can be quickly showed and concealed apart from tattoos on the forearm? If you are one of those people who want to get tattooed on the body, then this is the perfect time to take into account.
Table of Contents
For your own additional information, tattooed forearms have a very rich history that every single tattoo enthusiast should know. In the past years, women in Borneo got tattooed on their forearms, and these tattoos symbolized their specific skills. A lot of these women chose to have a weaver symbol in order to intensely attract men who were looking for their lifetime partners or the simply called wives. In the great nation of Rome, slaves got to have tattoos on their forearms, and the designs were the image of their masters. These tattoos were also worn by Kayan women for just a great adornment on their body. Moreover, tattoos on forearm were also used in the past in identifying the person’s rank in the society, family, tribe, and the community where she or he belonged. This was extremely observable to Polynesian people.
It was actually during the year 1691 when they became extremely popular in the West. It was through the Western sailors who allowed themselves to get tattooed on their forearms. Two of the common images chosen by these people are anchors and sharks. During the 17th century, the royal family in Japan was the only one who can wear colorful dresses and some other clothing pieces. Because of the this, Japanese men found a way and allowed themselves to get tattooed on their forearms and in some other parts of their body. This was how they became colorful in front of many people.
Needless to say, tattoos on forearm area have their own fair shares of advantages that can make people happy in wearing these tattoos. As a matter of fact, a lot of individuals who allowed themselves to get tattooed on their forearms because of these amazing sets of advantages. Here are some of them:
- Express Yourself Without Trying to Speak – This is absolutely one of the best benefits that you can enjoy when wearing tattoos on forearms. With just one look on the tattoos, people will then get an idea about your personality.
- Appear More Gorgeous – In the eyes of many people, there’s no way you won’t look good.
- Incorporate Designs of Your Choice Without Difficulty – Tattoos on forearms have wider coverage, so there’s no way you cannot get the designs of your choice tattooed.
While there are amazing advantages that you can expect from a tattoo on the forearm, please don’t forget that these can also give you some disadvantages and here are some of these:
- Intense Pain – There is no question why these tattoos can be very painful on your part. It is simply because forearms are packed with several sets of veins, which are directly connected to the brain. These are also closer to the bones, making them extra painful.
- More Visible – Since these tattoos are located right there in your arms, it is just normal for people to clearly see them. This will be a total disadvantage if you are living in the community that does not accept tattoos, or working in a place where tattooing is highly discouraged.
As what you know, there are lots of famous personalities all over the world who get tattooed on their forearms. These tattoos may be very significant to them, or they just want to look unique and gorgeous in front of others. Here are some of these personalities:
- Olivia Wilde – This 32-year-old American model and actress has a lettering tattoo on her left forearm. The tattoo says, “all love, A”.
- Mel C – This famous English singer has an armband lettering tattoo on her forearm that makes her very gorgeous in appearance.
- Britney Spears – This famous American singer and actress has a gorgeous red-colored kiss tattoo on her right forearm.
- John Mayer – He is one of those male celebrities in the world who are captivated with the beauty of a tattoo on his forearm. His tattoo and the other tattoos he has on his body are Japanese-styled.
Tattoos make a great way to adorn your body and show your attitude to the whole wide world, but at the same time, they may raise many an eyebrow in professional circumstances or from people who are conservative in nature. If you are not the one with the rebellious streak, you should primarily consider the design as well as the placement of the tattoo so that you can have it adorn your body yet not invite any criticism. Talking about the placement of the tattoos, the tattoos on the forearm which falls under the category of arm tattoos. are gaining increasing popularity these days because they are as easy to flaunt around as they are to conceal when the situation demands the same. You can wear a long sleeved shirt by the day so that you do not become too prominent at your workplace while the sleeves can be rolled up when you are out for a cool evening drink with your friends. Therefore, tattooed forearms are just perfect to serve the actual purpose of tattoo art, revealing with the ability to conceal whenever needed.
Best Lower Arm Tattoos Designs to Get Attention
If you are the kind of a person, who sweats out for hours in the gym to get those perfect muscles, then nothing can be cooler for you than a tattoo on the forearm. You can do your well sculpted body a great favor by flaunting it, which are particularly favored by men because of their masculine quality. Another reason why forearm is regarded as an ideal location for getting a tattoo is that it offers some movement for creating a flow in the design, which enhances the aesthetic value of any design to a great extent.
Best Forearm Tattoos For Men And Women
We have already discussed the importance of placement of a tattoo as it ensures that you are able to show it off when needed but also hid it when the situation demands the same. Besides the placement of the tattoo, what really needs to be considered is its design. Since different designs depict different symbolic meanings, one must choose the design with care so that it says exactly what you want to convey. The fact that tattoo removal is not an easy job makes it all the more important to choose your tattoo design with care, as once a tattoo is inked, it is going to be a part of you forever. Moreover, you would need to invest a good deal of time and money to have a tattoo inked, besides, of course, the pain involved in having it inked. Therefore, be very careful while finalizing the design. Here are some popular design options for you to pick from:
- Religious Symbols Tattoos – If you are dedicated enough to profess your religious beliefs to the entire world, then tattoos on the forearm with religious symbols would be just the right way to do it. It is not uncommon to notice symbols like the Celtic cross or Om on the forearm of men and women, who are strong and unwavering in their faith. In some cultures, even tattoos depicting deities are inked on forearms.
- Animals – Animals like tigers, lions, wolf, elephant, owl, octopus, fish and dragons look amazing as tattooed forearm designs as the area offers a wonderful and flowing movement to them, giving them a realistic impact. One can also opt for cool 3D designed tattoos to make them look even more beautiful.
- Birds Tattoos – Birds like phoenix, swallow, hummingbird, crow, raven, eagle and dove look amazing as tattooed forearm designs as the area offers a wonderful and flowing movement to them, giving them a realistic impact.
- Flower Tattoos – Floral patterns continue to be eternal favorites in tattoo art and they have both, aesthetic appeal as well as symbolic value, which together make them a perfect package for prominent tattoo on forearm. Rose, sunflowers, cherry blossom, daffodils and lotus are some of the choices of floral patterns available for you to pick up. But it is better to research about the symbolism of different flowers before choosing them for design. Overall, though flowers stand for beauty, purity and femininity, which makes them more popular for the fairer sex.
- Tribal Tattoos – A cool pick for forearm design is a tribal tattoo, which is imparted an amazing quality because of the strong lines and curves used in it. Most of the tribal designs like the Maori, mandala, Buddha, arrows, anchors, dreamcatcher and feathers, are done in conventional black ink and they have an alluring quality about them, which is completely unmatched.
- Script Tattoos – One of the most widely used tattoo design options for forearm is script designs, which may have the name or initials of the bearer or someone close to him or her. Some people even get the name of a deceased loved one inked on their forearm to commemorate their value in his or her life. Another option is getting an important date inked on the forearm, such as a birthday, wedding anniversary or date of passing away of a loved one. Some religious text or quotes also make a good way to depict one’s attitude on the forearm.
- Anchor Tattoos – Anchor has been used to symbolize stability and strength, which is the reason why men love this tattoo design and prefer to have it inked on any part of the body, including the forearm. It gives them a feeling of strength and masculinity and looks good too, making it a popular choice for the forearm area.
- Forearm Sleeve Tattoos – Sleeve style tattoos are one of the most popular tattoo designs the world over, as they look both beautiful and prominent. Like the sleeve of a garment, they cover the area from the lower arm to the wrist, though some designs may be half sleeved or quarter sleeved. These designs combine a large number of smaller designs, which make creating them a difficult and time consuming task, but the effort is truly worth the while.
- Jesus Christ – Another popular full sleeve tattoo design is Jesus tattoo which displays the images of the savior Himself and some even show the sufferings borne by him.
In addition to these designs, tattoo artists as well as bearers have worked on their original ideas to create some new designs of tattoos, using other elements such as skull, ribbon, snake, butterflies, dragonflies, spider webs and a lot more. The value of a tattoo, aesthetic or symbolic, depends to a great extent, upon the creativity used in it. Some people can also have biomechanical tattoos on the forearm as it suits this part of the body perfectly. Whatever choice you make for a forearm tattoos, it has to be made on the basis of your own preference and feelings, rather than just imitating someone because a tattoo is something very personalized and it is always better to use your discretion while finalizing the design as well as location of a tattoo.
Common Tattoo Design Ideas to Consider
Of course, there are a number of design ideas for forearm that you can take into consideration when you want to have these gorgeous tattoos on your body. With that being said, there is no way you cannot find a beautiful tattoo on forearm that will suit you best. Here are some of the common design ideas:
- Geometric Tattoos – Mathematicians and physicists are not the only ones who got very interested in geometrical shapes. Tattoo enthusiasts in the world are also as interested as them when it comes to this matter. These tattoo design ideas are perfect for men and women out there. Good examples for these are zigzag lines, triangles, diamonds, and concentric lines.
- Portrait Ideas – These ideas have introduced the incorporation of portraits to the tattoo world. It is now possible for you to get tattooed on your forearm with the portrait design of your special someone, family, or a movie character that inspires you the most. The designs can be tattooed with the use of any ink color.
- Anchor Tattoos – These ideas of forearm tattooing originated from the Western sailors. An anchor is actually an equipment of the ship that is used steadying the ship on its current location. Today, it is one of the most famous designs for a tattoo, which is mostly chosen by men. An anchor tattoo design simply symbolizes masculinity.
- Maps – Map design ideas are very unique, which is why a map tattoo design is chosen by a lot of people who want to be unique among the rest. The creativity of the tattoo artist and the wearer can surely be tested with this design. You can choose any map just like the world map. It is perfect for men and women, by the way.
- Religious Tattoo – There are a lot of individuals in the world go get fascinated with these tattoos on forearm. These people are most commonly religious ones who never see tattooing as an act of evilness. The common designs here are the images of angels, the portrait of Jesus Christ, and the Celtic crosses.
Forearm tattoos can certainly make a person gorgeous and pleasing to the eyes of many. However, it is best not to forget the fact that these can also give you some disadvantages, so think before you go for these.