Having a lasting relationship full of love and understanding for each other, is something that every couple dreams of. Those who are really committed to each other cannot find a better way to express their emotions than to have matching tattoos inked on them. The trend of gifting roses and singing love songs for each other is passed now and couple tattoos make a fashion as well as love statement for passionate and crazy couples. The one thing to consider before having a matching art inked is how committed you are in the relationship because love and passion have become fragile emotions these days and couple break up as easily as they come together. Once you have a them inked and later realize that you are not made for each other, the tattoo may not look as awesome to you as it did earlier. In fact, it may hurt you, reminding you of your lost love. But if you have courage enough to carry it with positive feelings and memories of the good old days, then couple matching art tattoos definitely make a good choice for couples in love.
Couple Tattoos – A Cool Way to Express your Emotions
They are a depiction and celebration of love of the couple for each other and their belief that it is going to be as everlasting as the design tattooed on their body. It becomes a unique way for the couple to say those three magic words and a far cry from the regular roses, jewelry and such gifts. The fact is that couple tattoos look amazing as they are inked in such a manner that they complement each other just perfectly. Besides their aesthetic beauty, these tattoos have a sentimental value for the couple and keep reminding them how important they are for each other and that they will be a part of each other forever and ever.
Matching Tattoos for Couples Design Ideas
There was a time when hearts were considered as the timeless classic for matching tattoos, but today couples are looking for innovative ideas and artists are coming up with creative ones to ensure that every couple gets something absolutely unique. Here are some well loved matching couples design ideas:
- Name Tattoos – One of the most common ways in which couples profess their everlasting love for each other is through name tattoos, in which the couples have the names of each other, inked on them. Name couple design literally speak that the person belongs to the one whose name is etched on his body. Shoulders, wrists and forearms make the ideal placements for name tattoos as these are some of the most prominent locations on the body. The name matching designs can be embellished by adding some other design elements or using bright colors.
- Date Tattoos – Another cool option is date tattoos, which are inked to commemorate significant dates in a relationship, like the date on which they met, the date when he proposed to her, an engagement or wedding anniversary.
- Classic Love Images Tattoos – The classic images which express a couple’s love and commitment towards each other is another way of making couple art tattoos. These design options include elements such as hearts, roses, doves and love knots. Some people have Celtic heart designs inked. These designs can be inked in classic black or grey colors or an array of vibrant colors, depending upon the preference of the tattoo bearer.
- Love Quotes Tattoos – In addition to the name and date designs, text can be used in the form of love quotes for couples. These quotes should have a special meaning for the couple and should define their feelings towards each other. They can even have the lyrics of a romantic song inked as a tattoo. A married couple can have their children’s name tattoo as the ultimate symbolic of their love towards each other. Certain meaningful symbols can be added to the quotes design to make them more appealing as well as meaningful.
- Wedding Ring Tattoos – One of the most preferred tattoos for married couples is the wedding rings matching art, in which designs of wedding rings are inked on the ring fingers of both the partners. Instead of spending huge amount of money on diamond rings and always looking after them, couples can have wedding ring tattoos as a permanent oath towards each other. They will not cost a fortune and neither be lost, but be a part of both the partners forever. Some engaged couples can opt for engagement ring tattoos.
- Puzzle Tattoos – A unique idea is the one which depicts incomplete puzzles, with pieces on each of the partners fitting into each other to make a complete piece. It is a playful idea, preferred by young couples, though older ones can try them out for adventure.
Some other Creative Designs
Some other creative ideas which can be used as matching tattoo designs are a lock and a key, Yin and Yang, matching lip prints, ball and chain and wedding bells. Creative designers can use some other design elements to create something eye catching and meaningful.
In this way, a couple has an extensive variety if looking for unique ideas. Artists can experiment with color and design to add to the value of these tattoos. The most important factor to bear in mind before having a tattoo inked is that the design should be meaningful to both the partners and also be liked by both of them. It is meant to bring both the partners closer to each other and their mutual consent is something which matters a lot in this respect. A tattoo artist can help you convince your partner about a particular design and how apt it is for you both as a couple. Therefore, when your partner has some doubts about a particular matching tattoo design and you think that it is absolutely awesome, you can enlist the help of your designer to make him or her ready about having it inked.
Couple tattoos have been popularized by celebrities carrying them and flaunting them in public to declare their love and commitment, right in front of their fan following. David and Victoria Beckham, Stevie J and Eve and Dean McDermott and Tori Spelling are some of the well known global celebrity couples who have been seen sporting matching couple art tattoos.
The most favorable locations for having them inked are the wrists, forearms, ankles, back of the neck, back of the ear and shoulder, because couples would rather show off their live than hide it. They make a great way for a couple to make a show of their dedication and commitment to each other, but they are not just confined to couples in a relationship, like husband and wife or lovers. Even the best friends and family members can get matching couple art tattoos inked on them, to bring out their love and commitment for each other. The design options may vary for them, but the purpose is just the same- expressing their loving emotions and feelings.