True friendship is the most beautiful relationship in the world as it is all about giving and nothing about taking. But it is something which should not be taken for granted and one must never lose a chance to say how special one’s best friend is! One of the best ways to express this feeling without saying anything is getting best friend tattoos done. Also referred to as BFF tattoos, these tattoos are becoming popular not only among youngsters, but also among other age groups. They are a great way to exhibit your devotion and faith towards one of the most meaningful relationships in your life, as these tattoos stand as a symbol of your everlasting friendship.
Table of Contents
Symbolic Significance of Best Friend Tattoos
Basically, best friend tattoos are drawn in couple, on both of the friends who intend to commemorate their friendship in this special way. These tattoos signify the strength and commitment towards the special bond between the two of them as they share a piece each of the ornamental design on their body parts. In fact, these tattoos can have a beautiful story behind them, which will be etched on the physical being as well as the memory of the two friends forever and ever. The tattoos become a part of their bodies and show the truth and longevity of the friendship between the two of them. In this way, best friend tattoos are a piece of life, a bond of trust and faith between two people, who consider each other as the most important part of their lives.
Unique Best Friend Tattoo Designs
Best friend tattoo designs are always engraved on two people, as a couple who want to make everlasting commitment of faith and friendship towards each other. When it comes to design, these tattoos should not only be attractive, but also carry a deep symbolic meaning which makes the bond between the two bearers a stronger one. Also, the tattoo design should be approved by both of them as it will be carried by both for always. There are certain traditional best friend tattoo designs which continue to be popular over a period of time, while there are some fresh ones churned out by the creative tattoo designers of the contemporary times. Whichever design is to be picked up by the bearer, one has to consider what the tattoos depict and at the same time, it should carry the approval of both the bearers. Here are some unique ideas for best friend tattoo designs:
- Infinity Tattoos – One of the most popular symbols used in best friend tattoos is the symbol of infinity. The reason behind this is that it reflects the infinite trust in each other and also that the friendship is going to last forever and ever. A phrase relating to the infinity of this bond can be added to the symbol to make the tattoo even more meaningful.
- Religious Symbols – Best friend tattoos may feature some religious symbols such as a cross tattoo as it represents same faith, religion and faith, shared by the two friends, which strengthens the relationship between the two of them to a greater extent.
- Celestial Objects – Heavenly bodies like the sun, moon and stars are ideally used in best friend tattoo designs and they look absolutely stunning besides carrying a symbolic meaning.
- Heart Tattoos – Hearts are a popular choice for tattoo designs, and they find a place of preference in best friend tattoo designs too. One can go for a small picture of heart along with a nice friendship or love quote. Another way heart is used in best friend tattoo is by engraving a piece of broken heart each, on the hand of each of the friends. The design should be such that when the friends bring their hands together, the broken pieces join together to form a single perfect heart. Similarly, jigsaw puzzles pieces can be drawn on both the friends and they should fit into each other when seen together.
- Cartoon Characters – Some cool cartoon characters which are liked by both of the best friends can be used in bff tattoo designs. Some special quotes or words can be combined with these characters for giving them a new meaning.
- Feathers and Birds – Small birds and feathers can make attractive best friend tattoo designs if used in a creative manner. These can look good on both, males as well as females. Girls can have something more feminine, such as butterflies, angels or fairies featured in the best friend tattoo designs.
- Anchor tattoos – Creative tattoo designers have usually been seen making use of anchor tattoos. This design is quite popular among youngsters and is preferred by both boys and girls, as a part of best friend tattoo design.
- Yin and Yang Best Friend Tattoos – Yin and yang is another favorite best friend tattoo design, as it is not only attractive, but also meaningful. Yin and yang represent two people who are entirely different, yet they complement each other to perfection, so that they come together to make one complete whole. This makes it a great bff tattoo.
In addition to these popular best friend tattoo designs, tattoo designers can use their creativity to bring something new and also something which adds a meaning to the friendship between two people. Some other objects used in best friend tattoos can be dates commemorating the beginning of the friendship, scissor and ribbon tattoo design, diamonds, feathers, fish, flowers (such as lotus, rose, sunflower) and a lot more.
Placement of Best Friend Tattoos
Best friend tattoos are quite popular among the younger generation, who love to experiment. Ideally, these tattoos are engraved on wrist, back of the hand, chest, ankles, fingers, shoulders, back, spine, neck and feet. Best friend tattoos are popular among both young men and women, girls, though they can choose the design according to their gender. Overall, best friend tattoos make a memorable gift which two friends can give to each other, as these tattoos attach the two of them in an eternal bond of togetherness.
Beautiful Images Of Matching Best Friend Tattoos