Elbow tattoos are absolutely gorgeous tattoos that everyone can be very proud to display with. You might be asking if an elbow can really be tattooed. Well, it can be tattooed of course, and this can be confirmed by the great numbers of individuals in the world who are getting tattooed on their elbows nowadays. This is a very unique location for your amazing tattoos, for sure. Every time you move your hands, these tattoos can be emphasized, making you be the center of attraction amongst the thicker crowd.
The greatest benefit of these tattoos is that they are easy to conceal too when you need to do it for professional reasons or otherwise. At the same time, these tattoos give amazing result due to the flow it lends to the design, being a joint area. But getting a tattoo on the elbow is a big challenge because the area is only bone and getting it inked can be a matter of great pain. Despite the fact that everyone knows how painful it can be to have your elbow inked, it continues to be one of the most popular placements for men and women of all ages and around the world.
Table of Contents
Elbow Tattoos and the Advantages Associated with Them
Of course, there are a number of advantages that you can enjoy when you go for elbow tattoos. In fact, these advantages are the reasons why lots of men and women choose to have these tattoos. Here are some of these amazing advantages you can enjoy:
- Better Physical Appearance – Though there are some individuals who are not in favor of tattooing, it is still undeniable that people who get tattooed on their elbows can look more handsome or beautiful in the eyes of many.
- Higher Sex Appeal – Getting tattooed on your elbow can surely make you a sex magnet towards the opposite sexes. This is something that you can never ignore.
- Express Your Inner Self – Just in case you don’t know, tattoos are also used in expressing one’s inner self. Hence, by just one look, people surrounding you can already have an idea about yourself.
Disadvantages of Elbow Tattoos for Men and Women
If there are advantages that you can enjoy, there can also be some disadvantages that you need to get acquainted with. Here are some of them:
- Bad Image to Some Other People – For sure you already know that there are still many people these days who find tattooing a bad thing. Hence, it is no longer surprising why you will have a bad image to them.
- Extra Painful – Getting tattooed on your elbow is certainly way painful compared to some other parts. It is simply because there are lesser muscles present on that part, and it is nearer to the bones, which can be hit directly by the needle for tattooing.
Celebrities Who Have Elbow Tattoos
There are actually a number of celebrities worldwide who prefer tattoos on the elbow. Here are some of the names of these popular celebrities:
- Debra Wilson – This 53-year-old American comedian is very proud to display her inked elbow. It has a black circle design that is surrounded by a number of green leaves.
- Ruby Rose – This famous Australian model and actress has a simple yet gorgeous tattoo on the elbow that is designed with a vintage skeleton key.
- Chanel West Coast – This 27-year-old American singer and rapper has a gorgeous text tattoo on her inner elbow on the left hand. This text tattoo says, “Blessed”.
- Hilary Duff – This famous Hollywood actress has “stand by me” tattoo on her right-hand elbow. At the side of this tattoo is another tattoo that has a bird design.
The elbow is a joint area where you will find more of the bone and less of the skin. Therefore, this implies that you will have to bear more pain if you decide to have a tattoo inked on this area as the needle is likely to rub close against the bone. Also, the tattoo is going to take a longer time to heal in comparison to tattoos inked on other parts of the body.
Moreover, being a frequently used area, the elbow requires greater care during the healing time. Together, all these factors can discourage a person from getting it done. Still, the attractiveness is enough to entice men and women and they are ready to ignore all the pain to have the tattoo inked on them.
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and show the amazing tattooed elbow to the whole wide world??
Creative Elbow Tattoo Designs For Men And Women
Elbow is a unique place to have tattoos inked as it is an area which has a bone joint and can be opened and closed, which gives a unique mobility to any design that is presented here. This means that a simple design is given an unmatched quality once it is featured on the elbow of the bearer of the tattoo. The choice needs careful consideration and the bearer must consult an expert tattoo artist to finalize a design. Here are some creative design ideas for elbow:
- Floral Tattoos on Elbow – Like all other parts of the body, floral tattoos look great and attractive on elbows too. Flowers also have a wonderful meaning as they are linked with beauty, purity, innocence, and love. Also, floral patterns offer a great variety for the bearers as there are a lot many flowers to choose from such as rose, cherry blossoms, daffodils, and sunflowers, to name only a few. You can have them done in traditional black and grey colors or have some vibrant tones for more attractive designs. Though women love floral designs for the elbow, they are becoming increasingly popular among men too. Certain elements like butterflies, bees, leaves, and thorns can be added to the basic floral designs to make them more beautiful and meaningful.
- Spider Tattoo Designs on Elbow – Another popular choice is the web of a spider, which makes a unique element for this movable area. There was a time when spider web used to be considered as an element of the dark and was regarded fit for gangsters and conmen but today this attractive design has been able to garner worldwide acceptance for both the sexes. The tattoo can be made more eye-catching by having a spider or a bee added to the design.
- Geometric Tattoos on Elbow – Geometric patterns such as swirls and curves make an excellent option because this area offers a great flow to them as the pattern seems to move with the movement of the elbow. One of the classic examples of geometric patterns is the tribal tattoos design, such patterned tattoos can look attractive in black or grey or in bright colors too.
- Skull Tattoo Designs on Elbow – They are quite popular among men as they represent the scary and dark side of their character. Skulls look eye-catching wherever they are featured on the body and have a masculine quality about them.
- Rose Elbow Tattoo Design – A rose petal will certainly look great on elbow. Aside from being a beautiful design, rose also symbolizes several things such as beauty, love, and femininity, depending on the final rose tattoo product.
- Elbow Cross Tattoo Design – A cross symbol is one very common design not only for elbow but in some other body tattoos as well. Most of the time, this tattoo is colored black. However, you can make this design way gorgeous by coloring the center of the cross with red ink.
Depending upon what you want your elbow tattoo to depict, you can choose any of the designs with one of these elements. You can also consult a tattoo expert to create something new and different, using some other elements such as stars, sun, dragon, lips, hearts, and anchor. The attraction value of a tattoo depends to a great extent, upon the expertise of the tattoo artist.
Truly elbow tattoos for men and women are becoming extremely popular these days. If you want to have these tattoos, then start looking for a reliable tattoo artist who can help you inked beautiful tattoo designs on your elbow.
Popular Design Ideas Of Elbow Tattoo Designs
Tattoos are all about showing off your attitude and the placement and design of the tattoos are what really matters. It involves creating beautiful and eye-catching designs at various parts of the body like the chest, lower back, collarbone, hand, foot, stomach, spine, leg, ribs, sleeves, shoulder, wrist, neck or back of the neck, thighs, hip, finger and ankle to name just a few. Elbow tattoos make a great choice for men and women looking for catching the attention of the onlookers.
Various Tattoo Designs for Elbow for Men and Women
Like the other tattoos you can see in a person’s body, tattoos on elbow have a wide variety of designs that can be perfect for men and women. Even so, you should know that not all these tattoo designs will look good on you. This is the main reason why you need to consider a number of important things before choosing a particular design for elbow. Here are some of the best designs that you might want to have:
- Spider Web Tattoo Design – The circular shape and the neat interlocking design of a spider web are what makes it very good option. There is no way it cannot appear beautiful on your elbow. A spider web design represents a number of things such as domination and strength.
- Elbow Star Tattoo Design – The shape of a star can also look great on any elbow. You might find a star too simple for you. But actually, there are various beautiful kinds of stars that you can choose from for your elbow tattoo. Good examples are a 3D star and a nautical star. Moreover, you can ask your tattoo artist to incorporate some amazing designs to make a simple star design extremely gorgeous.