Tattoo art is a popular way to adorn the body and it depends upon the caliber and creativity of a tattoo artist that how well he used various elements to create impressive tattoo designs. The most widely used elements in tattoo art are the natural ones, such as flowers, insects, animals, celestial bodies, oceans and clouds, to name just a few. One of the most popular animal tattoo designs are the fabulous bear tattoos, which are not only great to look at but also rich in symbolism. Bears are regarded as creatures of strength and nobility, which makes them a good choice for tattoo design. There are many different types of bears in nature such as the grizzly bear, black bear and polar bear and each of them have different behavioral attributes as well as different symbolic meanings. Accordingly, a tattoo design can be chosen by the bearer depending upon his choice and what he wants to depict with this tattoo.
Bear art tattoos are another worth considering animal tattoos that you can surely enjoy when these are engraved on your body. Bear design for tattoos is not new to a lot of people all throughout the world. It is simply because bear animal is being loved by millions of people because of its huggable appearance and stuff-toy look. As a matter of fact, you can see a lot of bear stuff-toys these days that are being sold in the market for varied prices. This is how popular the bear animal is. Because of this, it is no longer surprising why bear designed tattoos are also getting extremely popular these days.
Table of Contents
Meanings And Symbols Bear Tattoos Represents
There are lots of meanings and symbols that are always associated in these tattoos. These meanings and symbols are highly depending on every culture of the people around the world. Before opting for these tattoos, you should know what they are symbolizing first. Here are some of them:
- Strength – Bear animals are known to have an incredible strength, and there is no question about that since they also have incredible size compared to some other normal animals. In fact, most of the animals are respecting bears because they do not want to make a mess with these ferocious animals.
- Beauty – A bear tattoo is also representing beauty. The explanation for this is the fact that this animal is very adorable and huggable, though many people are afraid enough to hug a real bear. This is the main reason why there are also a lot of women who choose to have bear tattoos.
- Aggressiveness – Of course, bears are very aggressive specially when you provoke them. Thus, you should not do it if you do not want to end your life now. Even so, not all of the bear species are extremely aggressive. Black bears are not that aggressive as the other species.
- Healing – You might find it strange but bear animals are also being associated to healing specially in the past years. Native Americans had this belief in the past. This was the main reason why they considered bear animals as special creatures that they can ever find.
- Loyalty – Despite the ferociousness of the bears, one thing that you will love about them is the fact that they’re very loyal to those animals that are true to them. You will never be betrayed by these animals, as long as you will also do the same to them. That is how loyal a bear animal can be. If you want to show your loyalty to the other people, then having a bear designed tattoo would be great for you.
For sure, it is no longer surprising for you to know that there are many celebrities in the world who have bear art on their body. Some of these celebrities are even covered with a number of tattoos, aside from a bear designed one. In relation to this, here are some names of these celebrities:
- Melanie Martinez – Melanie Martinez is a 21-year-old songwriter and singer who is very famous in the US today. She is very proud to wear a teddy bear tattoo, which is exactly located on her arm. She got it way back in September year 2014.
- Bethany Cosentino – Another music artist whom is very famous in the United States who is also a big fan of a bear art is Bethany Cosentino.
- Maria Brink – She is a 38-year-old songwriter and a singer in the US who has a bear art on her arm.
Popular Design Options For Bear Art
Bears are animals of great attraction, with their skin, teeth, claws and jaws, all inspiring a feeling of awe in the onlooker. The design options are countless and it is up to the tattoo bearer to choose one, which depicts exactly what he wants to express by bearing the tattoo. Depending upon the type of design, the art may exude power, aggression, playfulness or spiritual strength. Here are some popular options you can opt:
- Polar Bear Art – Polar bears have spiritual and cultural to the indigenous peoples of the Arctic. The Eskimos revere these animals for their great hunting skills and the Nenets of Siberia believe that wearing a polar bear’s canine teeth protects you from any kind of harm.
- Fierce Bear Art – This art usually depicts a large brown or black bear with its jaws wide open and teeth exposed, as it is roaring out in the wild. The design exudes the great power and ferocity of this majestic creature. It is usually large in size and is placed on broader and bigger areas like the back, chest, shoulder or knee. The design can even be done in 3D to make it more lifelike and impressive.
- Motherly Bear Art – A mama bear is known for its affection for its cub as well as the fact how fierce it can become when it perceives danger for its young one. The motherly bear art designs is particularly favored by those females who want to show their loving attitude for their children.
- Tribal Bear Art– Tribal tattoo designs are of cultural and spiritual significance in the regions from which they originate. But the exact symbolic meaning of each tribal symbol has been lost to time, Tribal Bear art designs generally embody Spirituality and a deep connection with Nature and/or the Native American culture.
- Cute Bear Art – The cute and cuddly teddy bear is a favorite toy of every child and this is how a bear can be designed to create a playful look. Lovable cartoon and animated bears like Yogi the Bear also make a hot favorite among cute bear art designs.
- Teddy Bear Art Design – The Teddy Bear is named for the American president Theodore Roosevelt after word spread that he refused to kill a black bear cub while on a hunting expedition. Teddy Bear art tattoo designs symbolize Love, Affection, Innocence, and are the quintessential symbol of childhood.
- Grizzly Bear Art – Both Black Bears and Grizzlies have lots of things in common, including striking fear into the hearts of humans and animals alike. If you wear any of these designs, then you identify strongly with the powerful, warrior spirit of the bear. The difference between these titans rests mostly on the coloration of each species; Grizzlies are brown while Black Bears are as name itself is.
- Panda Bear Art – Panda bears are one of the rarest and most famous bears in the world. Panda Bear art tattoos signify Harmony, Good Luck and Balance. Pandas have long been affiliated with the Yin-Yang symbol in Chinese culture because of its black and white patterns.
- Talisman Bear Art – Bears have been revered for their protective qualities in many cultures and this is the reason why talisman bear make a popular tattoo design. Such tattoos can be featured on the wrist or shoulder and can feature a powerful looking bear, its claws or jaws. It is not essential for a talisman bear to show a fearful looking bear, it just needs to signify the special protective powers it brings for the bearers.
- Bear Paw Prints & Bear Claw Tattoo Designs – Having a bear paw print tattoo design can symbolize your own affiliation with bear culture within the gay. Bear Paw and Claw tattoos are supposed to symbolize Good Luck, Stability, Power, and Mobility.
- California Bear Art – The California Bear became part of the state’s flag in 1846 after a group of American settlers took control of the Mexican garrison, Sonoma. This design has come to signify Freedom and Independence, in honour of the settlers.
Some other popular variants of bear tattoos are bear crests and those combining a bear with other elements like bees, trees, jungle and other animals of its habitat. Whichever way it is featured, this art has the ability to grab attention with its power and magnificence.
As an animal of amazing power and bravery, the bear holds a place of importance in various cultures. In fact, the bear is considered to be similar to human beings in several ways, such as what it eats, where it dwells as ancient humans too lived in caves and the ability of the bear to stand on its hind legs, just like humans. In Native American culture, it was believed that the bear was a creature with mystical powers to heal. Some tribes revered it because of its uncanny abilities to trace things in an effective manner.
On the other hand, some cultures regarded the bear as a noble and quiet creature, which exhibited ferocity only when it was provoked. It symbolizes both positive and negative attributes, with masculine qualities such as strength, bravery and observation powers and the feminine quality of creativity and motherhood. Some draw strength from the imagery of the bear and take it as a spiritual guide in the most difficult phases of life. At the same time, it was seen as a fearful creature in some cultures, such as the Europeans, who associated the animal with war, while Christians thought it to be an animal capable of great cruelty. It really depends upon the tattoo bearer how he makes the symbolic interpretation of this animal while employing it as the main element in tattoo art. Some people get the bear art tattoo as they believe that it brings confidence and protection for them because bears are considered as protective creatures, particularly for their young ones. Following are words which can be used to symbolize bear art tattoo meanings:
- Spirituality and a deep connection with the Nature
The Right Placements for Your Bear Art
While it is true that you can place your bear designed tattoo any part of your body you want to, it is still best to think about the location properly while considering several important things. Keep in mind that these tattoos will be permanently engraved on your body. If you are living in a very discriminating place where people have bad impressions about tattoos, then having these tattoos will surely be a challenge for you. Here are some of the best body parts where you can place your bear designed tattoo:
- Bear Art on Back of the Neck – In case you just want to have smaller size of a bear designed tattoo but you still want to expose it to everyone, you can choose to have it engraved right there at the back portion of your neck. There is no way it won’t look amazing there. Moreover, it will look very visible specially when people are at your back.
- Bear Art on Back – In case you do not know, most of the gorgeous designs of the bear need bigger and wider space of your body. This is the main reason why your back is one perfect place that you should taken into account. You can choose to have your full back, the lower back, or the upper back. It is all up to you to decide, actually.
- Bear Art on Thighs – In case you do not want to expose your bear designed tattoo to everybody due to some important reasons, then you can have your tattoo placed on your thigh part. It will only be showed when you are only wearing underwear and maybe, shorts. This goes to show that thigh is a perfect location when the people around you have bad impressions about tattoos.
- Bear Art on Chest – For those men who want to have a bear art on their body, the chest part is perfect for the tattoo design since men has wider flat chest. Women can still have it on their chest actually, but the size would be smaller than to those of men. Chest is also a perfect location where you can hide your bear tattoo to the people who do not want to see any tattoos at all.
Bear tattoos are definitely very popular these days. These can offer you a number of gorgeous designs that you will surely love. Celebrities even love these tattoos, so there is no way you will not love them as well.