It seems that these days, more and more people are getting curious about conch piercing. Well, there is no question about that since piercing lovers in the world are already tired of having the usual piercing on their body like the tongue piercing, the eyebrow piercing, the lip piercing and so many others. The perforation in this kind of piercing is done on the ears, especially on the cartilage areas. Its name was actually taken from the fact that this piercing is done on the part of the ears that appear like conch shells, just adjacent to the ear canals.
Table of Contents
- Types of Conch Piercings
- Things to Do In Order to Do the Conch Piercing Successfully
- The Level of Pain Conch Piercing May Bring
- The Healing Process for Conch Piercings
- Taking Good Care of the Conch Piercing
- Conch Piercing Infection
- Conch Piercing Prices
- Jewelry Options For Conch Piercing
- 50+ Inspirational Photos of Conch Piercing
Types of Conch Piercings
One thing that you should always remember is the fact that there are two kinds of conch piercings that you can try experiencing for yourself. Deciding which one of these two you will choose will now depend onto you. If you are not that threatened by the pain the piercing process may give you, then why not try the two of them. Anyway, it is rest assured that the two of them will make your ears more beautiful for sure.
- The Inner Type of Conch Piercing – As its name suggests, the inner type is a piercing that can be seen on the inner conch. If you have no idea where that inner conch is, try to get a mirror and observe your ears. You will find a bowl-shaped area there, which is just beside the ear canals. That is exactly where the inner conch is located where the perforation should be performed.
- The Outer Type of Conch Piercing – The outer type is the piercing that is done on the exact opposite side of the inner conch. Again, try to observe your ears in the mirror, and you will surely notice a flat portion that is between the ridge and the helix. This is exactly where the outer conch piercing should be done.
Things to Do In Order to Do the Conch Piercing Successfully
If you think that having this kind of piercing as your gorgeous body adornment is extremely easy as ABC, then you must be out of your mind. It is never simple to do this, and it needs so much expertise. Quit of thinking that you can do it on your own. There are so many things that must be taken into account when doing such piercing. Here are what you need to do:
- Find the Finest Piercer – Of course, there are so many piercers out there that you can find. But the big question is, are they all reliable enough? Some of them are not for sure. Thus, it is very important that you make an extensive research first about a certain piercer before choosing him or her.
- Choose the Best Piercing Jewelry – You should know that when it comes to body piercings, including the conch piercing, there are a lot of jewelry options that you can have. It is all up to you what to choose. Just make sure that the jewelry is capable enough in meeting your purpose of having such unique ear piercing. Moreover, make sure that the jewelry is under your budget. Don’t dare to spend so much for it if you don’t want to end up with nothing more in your pocket.
- Be Completely Prepared – Before undergoing the piercing procedure, you need to be very prepared not only financially, but also mentally and spiritually. You should have that strong willingness to undergo the procedure. You should also prepare yourself for the possible pain that you can feel in this procedure. And most of all, keep in mind that you still need to pay the professional piercer you hire, so you need to prepare your finances.
The Level of Pain Conch Piercing May Bring
Doing some piercing procedures on your body surely involved using a piercing needle that will help in creating a hole in a certain body area where the piercing jewelry should be placed. Because of this, some skin and muscle tissues might get damaged, so it will surely be painful for you. Moreover, please do not forget that this piercing is done on the conch part of your ears, which is an area that has thick cartilage. With that being said, it may be a little difficult to let the piercing needle pass through in order to create a hole, and this signals for some pain for sure.
The Healing Process for Conch Piercings
Needless to say, the area where the conch piercings are done needs some time to recover just like any kind of wound in a person’s body. The healing process of this piercing may be the reason why you wouldn’t dare to have it as a body adornment. It is simply because it may take you as long as 18 months before you can finally say that the wound caused by the piercing process is already healed completely. This goes to show that you need to have a significant amount of patience with you in waiting for the complete healing the pierced area. If you do not have it, then having this piercing would definitely be not a good idea for you.
Taking Good Care of the Conch Piercing
The truth is, there are a lot of times that the estimated longer healing process of the conch piercing can be shortened through taking good care of the piercing itself as well as the pierced area. Yes, you read it right. After the professional piercer has done his or her part of doing the piercing on your conch, your thing should be done next. This thing is doing all the necessary things in order to maintain the great condition of your piercing and your entire being in general. Here are the things that you can do:
- Avoid touching the piercing and the pierced area. Keep in mind that the pierced area will have an open wound after undergoing the procedure. This open wound is of course, vulnerable to some bacterial infections. If you keep on touching the pierced area and the piercing, there will be a higher chance to transferring some bacteria from your hands towards them. It will surely result to horrible complications.
- Do the recommended methods on how to clean the piercing and the pierced part. One way of keeping your piercing away from infectious bacteria is cleaning it regularly through the recommended methods of course. You can ask your hired professional piercer for this. If she or he is really a true professional piercer, he or she surely knows such thing.
- Don’t sleep in a position that can strain the pierced area. Putting so much strain on the pierced area can surely cause some horrible complications. What you can do is sleep in a position that is convenient on the pierced area. If the piercing is done on the left ear, then try to sleep in a side view position to your right side.
- Only use mild products. Products that contain very strong chemicals can of course, irritate the wound on the pierced area. If you don’t want it to happen, then only use mild products when you’re taking a bath or when you are the cleaning the piercing the jewelry and the pierced portion.
Conch Piercing Infection
The chances of conch piercing getting infected are more, since a number of layers are punctured. Fortunately, there are preventions you can take to avoid an infection.
Here is how to prevent infections caused by conch piercing? “Keep cleaning it with light salt water, try not to touch it as there are thousands of bacteria on them, just leave it alone apart from the cleaning. if you really need to touch it for some reason wash your hands thoroughly… for more visit source link” (Source: YahooAnswers)
Conch Piercing Prices
The truth is, there are many factors that can affect the price of your conch piercing such as the price of your chosen piercing jewelry and the hired professional piercer. But generally speaking, the price of this piercing will start at $45 up to $75. By considering some extra factors depending on your chosen piercer, the price may go higher than that.
Jewelry Options For Conch Piercing
There are wide range of choices when jewelry is concerned for conch piercing. Labret studs, captive bead rings and circular barbells are a few of your options. If you’re going for the first time then you should choose it carefully as it is a long road of healing once you get a piercing done. It is recommended to go for a light-weight and also should allow room to clean the area.
50+ Inspirational Photos of Conch Piercing