Floral designs make one of the eminent favorites among tattoo designs in this amazing art of body adornment, but the big question is which flower to use in the tattoo design. Flowers like rose, lotus, cherry blossoms, sunflowers and daffodils usually catch the fancy of tattoo lovers, but for those looking for a completely unique floral tattoo design can opt for orchid tattoos.
Orchids make an interesting choice for tattoos because these flowers have rare beauty and symbolism, which make them unique and desirable to be inked in the form of a tattoo. These beautiful flowers can grow well in almost all kinds of climates, though it reaches full bloom in tropical climates. While it would be common to notice orchid art on women, they can sometimes be found on men too. These tattoos possess a great deal of versatility in terms of size and color, which makes them suitable to be inked on any placement on the body. Additionally, the unique species of flower has a symbolic meaning too, making it a perfect choice for being represented in the form of a tattoo.
They are considered to be one of the latest trends when it comes to tattooing. There are many individuals in the world nowadays who are getting curious about these flower designed tattoos. Well, you cannot blame them since these tattoos can definitely be gorgeous adornments on one’s body. These are also perfect alternatives for those very common flower tattoos such as cherry blossom tattoos, rose tattoos, and sunflower tattoos. Needless to say, you have to find the best tattoo artist near you so that you can achieve that extremely gorgeous orchid designed tattoos of yours.
If you are thinking that orchid designed tattoos are just mere decorations on someone’s body, then you are definitely wrong. There are a lot more interesting things about these tattoos, apart from being gorgeous body adornments. In other words, these symbolize a lot of things, and here are some of them:
- Elegance – In case you want to look elegant in front of many people even to those tattoo haters, then the best tattoo design that you should have is the orchid. This flower certainly look elegant when you see it in person, which is why it represents elegance.
- Beauty – Just like any other flower designed tattoos, it is also representing beauty. The explanation of this is just a literal one. It is because the flower is extremely beautiful that you might fall in love with it the moment you see it with your two naked eyes.
- Rareness – Just in case you don’t know, an orchid flower is very rare. As a matter of fact, its extreme rareness is one reason why this flower is being loved by a lot of people from all over the globe.
- Fertility – It is also believed that an orchid flower symbolizes fertility. One good reason for this is the fact that this flower resembles much to the reproductive anatomy of male and female human beings.
- Mystery – The orchid flower is also known to represent mystery. It is simply because you might find it growing in a place where you don’t expect it to grow. In fact, there are several wild orchids that you can find in a forest. If you want to appear as a mysterious type of a person, then an orchid designed tattoo is great for you.
Some other things that orchid art represent are eroticism, sensuality, strength, power, grace, innocence, purity, and royalty.
History of Orchids
Just like the other gorgeous flowers that are used as great subjects for tattooing, the first existence of the orchid flower as well as the orchid art can be traced back a number of years in the past. This flower has been linked to a lot of cultures in the world, particularly to those Asian people. According to Asian people, an orchid flower represents fertility. For you to know, the word orchid actually means “testicle” that is related to the reproductive organs of male and female human beings. For the ancient Greeks, they called an orchid flower as the “Flower of Magnificence”. It was simply because they were highly captivated by the extreme grace and splendor of this particular flower.
For Aztecs people, they believed that the orchid had something to do with power and strength. Furthermore, nations like China, Germany, and Egypt used this flower as an aphrodisiac. It was very useful in preparing ancient medicinal systems of the mentioned countries just like making love potions. Some other cultures in the world used the orchid in determining the sex organ of an about to be born baby. In these cultures, the mother should eat orchid flowers if she wanted to have a female baby. On the other hand, the father would be the one to eat the flower if he wanted to have a male baby. Since the orchid flower played a major role in their lives, many of them decided to acknowledge it through orchid tattoos.
How to Find the Best Orchid Tattoo Artist
As said, finding the best orchid flower tattoo artist who will help you engrave a very gorgeous orchid designed tattoo is definitely not just a piece of cake. There are lots of things that you should do in order not to end up with a so-so tattoo artist. Here are some of these things:
- Make a Research Online – Of course, there are so much things you can research on the web, and researching about a reliable tattoo artist is no exemption. What you need to do is key in the keyword of your search on the search engine and a long list of tattoo artist will appear right there in front of you. Since there are so much of them, it is another challenge for you to pick your top 5 or top 10 and make more research about each one of them.
- Ask Some Recommendations – In case you have known someone who has already tried tattooing an orchid art on their body, then consider yourself lucky. You can ask him or her some questions in order to clear up your mind, and be sure to ask for recommendation. This way, you can definitely hire the finest tattoo artist for your orchid flower art.
- Read Some Reviews – Another thing that you can do is go over the web and find some reliable review sites regarding tattoos. Yes, the site should be reliable enough. Keep in mind that fraudulence is rampant in the virtual world. If you do not want to end up being one of the victims of the fraudsters, you should see to it that you visit a reputable site. In this website, you will know the positive and negative comments of the customers to various tattoo artists that may be included in your list of prospective.
Orchids are flowers of great elegance and beauty, plus the fact that they are rare makes them highly desirable among tattoo enthusiasts and designers too. These flowers have been revered in various cultures around the world, particularly in the Asian culture, where they are associated with fertility. Here, the flowers are used to depict male and female sexual organs. The name of the flower is in fact derived from the word Orchids, which literally means testicles.
A group of orchid flowers is seen as a representation of female organs while the expression “purple orchid” is used to define a male reproductive organ. This makes orchid tattoos related with sensuality and eroticism.
The Greeks knew this flower by the name of Flower of Magnificence because of its splendid beauty and grace, while the Aztecs associated orchids with power and strength. It was even used as an aphrodisiac to prepare love potions in the ancient medicinal systems of countries like Egypt, Germany and China.
In certain cultures, the flower was even used to determine the sex of an unborn child. If the couple wanted a male child, the father would eat orchids and for a female child, the mother would have to consume the flower. Some other symbolic meanings associated with this amazing flower are royalty purity, luxury, elegance, innocence, mystery, fertility and delicacy. While the association with beauty and elegance makes the orchid flower tattoo design a popular option for women, men show an inclination towards this tattoo because of its symbolic relation with potency and sensuality. Therefore, orchid flower art have both male and female connotations, which make them a good choice for both the genders.
Popular Orchid Flower Tattoo Designs
Orchids make an amazing choice for tattoo lovers because of sheer variety available in the designs containing this exotic flower as the basic element. In fact, there are 25000 species of orchids found across the globe, with vanillas orchids, cymbidium and dendrobium being the most common and well known ones. The flowers grow in an array of vibrant colors such as red, orange, yellow, pink, blue and many more. As a result, the tattoo artist has a great number of options to create some unique designs by making use of the different colors, sizes and shapes in which various species of orchids grow in nature. The use of right hues and design can create a stunning visual impact and it also give s a symbolic value to the tattoo design, which are the main reasons why people have tattoos inked on their body. Orchid is the flower of the wild, which is why most of the tattoos are designed to feature them that way.
Certain other elements like birds, butterflies, leaves and grass can be combined with orchid as the main element, to create an eye catching tattoo design. The tattoo can be inked in any size depending upon the location which is chosen by the tattoo bearer to be inked.
Since these tattoos are very elegant, most of them would like the tattoo to be prominent and have them placed at highly visible locations such as the shoulder, forearm, wrist, ankle, calf and lower back.
Like all other tattoo designs, the orchid design too needs a good deal of research before it is finally inked on a tattoo bearer. Also, one needs to get an expert and experienced tattoo artist to create a magnificent looking tattoo of this equally magnificent flower. This wonderful design element will give a full scope of using a flower as exquisite as orchid in the right way and to get full worth of time and money spent as well as pain borne in having a tattoo inked.
The number of tattoo lovers who are considering to have the orchid art is rapidly increasing these days. This is because of the extreme splendor of these tattoos as well as the things that they symbolize. Make sure to find the best tattoo artist for you to have a very beautiful orchid tattoo engraved on your body.